Hold the VISION and
TRUST the Process
- ReLEx® SMILE is an innovative form of keyhole laser eye surgery which can correct vision for people with higher degrees of short-sightedness.
- SMILE stands for Small Incision Lenticule Extraction, and is a bladeless procedure which is minimally invasive.
- In the SMILE procedure, the surgeon uses a femtosecond laser to create a small, lens-shaped bit of tissue within the cornea and removes it.
ReLEx Smile Procedure –
- The eye surgeon anesthetizes a patient’s eye before performing ReLex SMILE laser eye surgery and then prevents it from blinking or closing with the help of a speculum.
- The surgeon utilizes Femto laser technology to create precise lenticular surfaces in the cornea and later removes the lenticule through the incision.
- The entire procedure is completed within 10 mins.
Benefits of SMILE –
- Bladeless – Flapless – Painless
- Minimally invasive
- WOW factor – Patient can read 6/6 almost immediately
- Can correct very high powers
- Quick procedure
- Speedy recovery
- Fast results
- No dry eyes
- No Flap related complications
- Can resume normal activities from the very next day
- Safer than Lasik for athletes and sportspersons.
What are the side effects ?
It is extremely rare because of the high precision and advanced technology. To ensure the best results it is extremely important that the patient comes to the follow-up and follows the advice and instructions received from us after the treatment. The rare side effects that can occur with laser vision correction are typically only temporary, harmless and fully treatable